Feb 8, 2011

Fried Egg Croissant

Oh my gosh, I LOVE eggs :) I could eat them every single day, but it makes the house too smelly... I started making egg sandwiches a few years ago, and during the summer I really think I ate them for breakfast and lunch each day. My parents weren't too happy, as you can imagine! Then I made them for Casey this past summer, and he couldn't get enough of them either. Super easy to make, and oh so delicious....Yum yum!


Ingredients
Eggs
Bacon or thinly sliced ham
Cheddar cheese slices
Croissants, Bread, or Bagels
Mayonnaise
Ketchup
Mustard

  1. Heat a skillet over medium high, or turn on a griddle to 400*
  2. Spray with nonstick spray and cook the bacon until it is fully cooked, or the ham until it is heated. Drain the oil off and set aside.
  3. Fry the eggs, lightly breaking the yolk with the corner of the spatula so that it stays on top of the egg white and doesn't run all over the pan. 
  4. Flip the eggs once almost completely cooked, and top with a cheese slice.
  5. While the cheese is melting, toast your bread choice. Spread mayonnaise and mustard on each of the slices.
  6. Once the cheese is melting, remove from pan and place onto toast. Top with desired amount of bacon. 
  7. Enjoy! I like to buy Hot Mustard from McDonald's and dip my sandwich in that, it tastes just like an Egg McMuffin! Or dip in ketchup :)

No comments: