Dec 7, 2010

Let's Make Whoopie....Whoopie Pies That Is....



  • SO I know what you're thinking...Whoopie is dirty, right? Well you're wrong! I got the idea to make "whoopie" as a joke, but then decided they looked really tasty. So I searched and searched for the perfect recipe. And finally I came up with one, taking little bits and pieces from multiple recipes. So a little history... for years my dad worked as an independent distributor for Little Debbie Snacks.... therefore, I had my fair share of Oatmeal Creme Pies. I mean, who doesn't love those things! I could eat them for hours on end :) Because of this reason, I decided to go with Oatmeal Whoopie Pies. Uh yeah, YUM. Please enjoy as much as I did!!

  • Ingedients
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons boiling water
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3/4 cup shortening

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a cupcake baking sheets.
  2. Cream butter or margarine with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and mix well. Stir in the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, boiling water, baking soda and flour. Mix to combine. Stir in the oats.
  3. Drop cookies into the prepared cupcake pan, filling each cup 1/4 of the way. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Take a spatula and flatten each "cupcake" until it's a chubby little cookie. Let cookies cool.
  4. To Make Filling: Beat egg white. Mix in the milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Beat in the shortening and remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Beat until light.
  5. Put a spoonful of filling on one cookie, and smash another cookie on top. Making a bunch o' cute sandwiches. 
  6. ENJOY!!

No comments: