Mar 1, 2011

Crazy Chocolate Crunch

The combination of ingredients in this super tasty recipe is amazing, and I keep thinking of new things to add that would make this dish even more delish! The recipe I posted is the original, but I think that adding peanut butter or pretzels would be good, too. Next time I make this, I will experiment with different combinations. I hope you enjoy this as much as Casey did, he couldn't put the bowl down! :)

Ingredients
12 cups popped popcorn (I used movie theater butter popcorn)
3 cups Corn Chex cereal
3 cups Frito's corn chips, slightly crushed
1 package (10-12 ounces) butterscotch chips
1 package (10-12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
     (I used half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate)
  1. In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, cereal, and Frito's; set aside.
  2. Melt the butterscotch and chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
  3. Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and toss to coat. 
  4. Either spread into two 15x10 inch baking pans and cut into squares, or eat straight out of the bowl!


No comments: